Thursday 29 October 2015

A/W '15 Makeup



Hello lovelies! We've reached my favourite time of year, where the nights get chillier, the socks get fluffier & our beauty routines get a drastic overhaul to help us prepare for the colder weather. However, it's also always a fantastic excuse for a little bit of shopping! One of the best things about autumn & winter, in my opinion, is the changes in the beauty trends we see on a day to day basis; the summery shades we've seen for the past few months are packed away in favour of much more autumnal tones, such a golds, coppers, tans & berries. Read on for a few little bits I've got my hands on recently! 




 I tried to pick a variety of products to get me into the autumnal spirit, as I'd noticed whilst out & about that all of the major beauty brands were in on the autumnal trend. From lipsticks to eyeshadows, bright wind-bitten blushes & berry toned nail polish, it was certainly easy to see why it's such a popular look! 


The nail polishes I chose perfectly captured not only the theme of autumn, but there are also a few cooler, wintery shades in there too {any excuse to buy more!}. The majority of the ones I picked are from Avon's 'Gel Finish' collection, which I've found work absolute wonders if you're wanting a manicure to last, but don't want to send too much on UV Gel nails; The shades I chose were 'Wine & Dine Me', a deep berry red, 'Creme Brulee', a pale nude, & 'Alaska', a light, duck egg blue. I also picked a couple more nail varnishes to finish off the collection, one from Rimmel, & one from Tanya Burr's Cosmetic line, both available at Superdrug. For these two shades, I wanted something a little more toned down so I went for a taupe & a nude beige. As with the shades above from Avon, I found that both of these are long lasting & give your nails a perfect 'straight out of the salon' finish, perfect for winter when constant fluctuations in temperature can cause nails to crack & flake. 


Another pick which caught my eye immediately was this beautiful little offering from BarryM, the 'Super Natural Palette'. The thing which drew me in was the wonderful design on the lid {can you get any more autumnal?}, which you can see below, but more importantly the shades are wonderful. To me, they totally epitomise autumn; beautiful berry shades, pale, pearlescent  pinks & dusky taupes. The thing I love the most is the fact that this palette could be used to create looks for both day & night, & toned right down, or deepened for added drama, & with the festive season just around the corner, what more could you want? 


The last two picks for this particular haul we two lipsticks, again from Avon. I'm having a little bit of a thing for lipsticks at the moment, so I knew I'd have to get my hands on a couple for this particular post. The two shades I chose were 'Twig', a deep maroon, & 'Mad For Muave' {can you see a trend here?}, both from the '3D Range'. The thing I've found that I like the most about these is the finish & consistency; They're matte, but unlike many matte lipsticks, they're not overly drying, which is fantastic especially in the colder months when lips tend to dry out a lot easier. The variety of colour choices in this particular range is fantastic, so there really is something for everyone, but I picked these particular two because I thought they would be perfect for this time of year, & could add a lovely little pop of colour to any autumnal outfit! 

I hope you've enjoyed reading, & I hope you've been inspired to go out & give your beauty routines a little autumnal overhaul! 

Until next time, my lovelies, 

Alice xox 


No comments:

Post a Comment